Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day Two


Well, it's day two of my journey. Yesterday I worked on compiling a basic list of contacts for the purpose of fundraising letters & emails. It's amazing how many people we know when we start compiling a Christmas card or invitation list. I'm optimistic on the fundraising aspect of this journey, only because I've always been involved fundraising ... whether it was silent auctions at church, PTO bake sales at school, or band booster events. I enjoy that part. The training part, however, is a bit more intimidating to me. I'm 46 years old, not too overweight (although I could easily stand to lose 10-15 pounds), and in relatively good shape. But the idea of walking 60 miles in 3 days is a BIG stretch for me. But I'm looking at it as a challenge and I know that I can be systematic about it and train at a slow and proper pace. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment