Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17

I decided not to wait any longer and started the next phase of my fundraising. I sent out my first batch of fundraising emails. The next phase will be sending letters to my contacts who do not have computer access (I sure don't want them to miss out on all the fun!).
Soliciting donations is always difficult, but sharing with my friends and family about why I want to participate in the 3 Day event and what I plan to get out of it are too important not to share. Spreading awareness about the 3 day event (60 miles in 3 days) is huge. Having people support my efforts and commitment (both financially and with prayer) are huge. Getting the world one step closer to a cure for breast cancer is even huger (is that a word? lol).
Please join me. You can click on the 'donate' link in the 3 Day photo on my blog and donate to this worthy cause. Remember ... if I don't raise a minimum of $2300 - I don't get to walk in the event. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm guessing the foundation wants us all to fully commit to the event. If it'll bring the world closer to a cure, then I don't care if I have to break open my piggy bank or crawl the last mile. I survived cancer afterall, so I guess I can be pretty tough when I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment