Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day Five

Well it's after 10pm, but I wanted to get an entry in for today. I think I promised to share the story behind the team name for the 3 day. Right now our team consists of 2 people ... my sister & I. (but like the Bible says in the Book of Matthew ... 'wherever 2 or more are gathered ...'). Two is a good place to start. Anyway, we were having a discussion on Christmas Day about possible names when my sister remembered something our dad used to say (he passed away 13 years ago) when we were kids. He would ask us what German people call a bra. He said they called them 'keepemfromfloppins'. We figured the breast cancer connection to that would be to 'keepemfloppin' so we shortened it up and added the punctuation to make it kēpümflöp’n. Are you intrigued? Think maybe you want to join our team and our quest to help beat breast cancer?

I can tell you first hand of the importance. I am a breast cancer survivor and know the pains and struggles of cancer. My son, Dan, is an Associate Instrcutor and Grad Student at Indiana University. He talks about working with breast cancer research and knows the $$ it takes to conduct such research. The 3 Day is a worthwhile event on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment