Friday, January 1, 2010

Day One


Today is the first day of this blog. I’ve had another blog for a while called ‘Insights Are Blooming’ where I post various inspirational articles. But this blog ‘For Every Season - 3 Day’ is going to be different. This will be a daily journal. You see … there are a few things in my life that I love … my family … my work … my ongoing journey of self-awarness with God … to be able to put my my words down for others to read … and most importantly I love the fact that I’m alive.

A few years ago (Christmas time at the end of 2005 to be exact) I discovered that I had Stage II breast cancer. I was one of the lucky ones who discover it early enough to be given a second chance. I endured surgery, 4 months of intense chemotherapy and another 2 months of radiation. But you know what? I beat it and am still here … I’m a survivor.

My sister and I celebrated Christmas last week and took a big step together. We registered to walk together in the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure walk. 3 days … 60 miles. My sister wants to lose weight and become healthy, while supporting a cause that is dear to us both. I admire her for that.

The idea of this blog is to journal my progress while preparing for this big step. I hope that you will check in on my progress (both training and fundraising) and give me a boost when I need it. I usually tend to underestimate myself and what I can achieve, but that is all changing. Once you’ve beaten cancer you tend to give yourself a little more credit and realize that maybe you’re stronger than you ever thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment