Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 80


TGIF ... Thank Goodness It's Friday and TGFF ... Thank Goodness For Friends. My graphic may seem weird, but does anyone remember the 'Happy Baby Dance' on the TV show 'Ally McBeal'? Made me smile everytime I saw it.

We've had such beautiful weather all this week, I just can't wait for it to stick around. I heard a nasty rumor that it was going to get a little icky this weekend into next week. Funny how a week ago it was 45 degrees and that was nice, but now we've been spoiled and consider it a setback. Go figure.

Last weekend's 3Day fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings was a success, at least as far as I'm concerned. The event raised more than $225, but not only that it was an opportunity for fellowship and increasing awareness. I had several people attend, many of whom who had never been to that restaurant before(so that was a perk of publicity for the restaurant). I had 2 teammates and their families attend. I had friends and family attend. And I had total strangers (to me) attend because word of the event had been passed on in one way or another. I also got to meet my daughter's 9th grade honors English teacher; funny how my daughter wasn't quite as thrilled as I was (but then everything is awkward when you're 14 ... lol). I was also honored to have 2 other 3Day walkers attend because they'd seen the information on the 3Day website. How awesome is that?

I hope to get some good walking in tomorrow. At least 6 miles. My schedule has been a little crazy the last 2 weeks, but I am a church administrator and it is the lenten season ... so I guess that kind of explains it.

No comments:

Post a Comment