Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 76


I'm loving the blue sky and sunshine outside my office window. While it was only 32 degrees out when I left the house this morning, I skipped the coat and wore a thick sweater instead. I'm optimistic for the rest of the day.

My 3Day fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings on Sunday seemed to go well. Thank you to everyone who came out to show their support. I did discover that doing a 50/50 raffle was difficult given the circumstances. I couldn't go to the customers at their tables to see if they wanted to purchase a 50/50 ticket. I was only allowed to have a sign at my table and they had to come to me. Knowing what I know now I think I would have been better off getting 3 prizes donated for a raffle instead. I would have had the visual of the prizes to draw attention to it. Lesson learned. I won't know the actuall $$ results of the day's activities until a little later in the week.

Now it's on to planning auction items for the team's event on April 24th. It's been a very tiring couple of weeks. Between work, additional functions at church and Emily's school, family obligations and a time change thrown in for good measure ... I'm feeling pretty tired. However I did enjoy the fact that last night the sun was still out when I got home from work. I was able to walk my 3 miles outside before dinner which was nice - however having an 8:00pm dinner wasn't a real good idea. I think that said, my schedule just needs a little bit of tweeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment