Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 147



The weather this week has been a bit hot. Michigan always seems to be one extreme or the other. Hard to believe that just 3 1/2 weeks ago I did a 10 mile walk on a Saturday morning when it was 37 degrees, drizzling and had 35 mph winds. Last night's 4-mile walk after work was 86 degrees. I must tell you though, it sure was a nice breeze when the bicycling group of 20+ bikes went by us on the path all at once! It's important to look for those little positives.
The first 1/2 of last night's walk felt a bit challenging with the heat. Even though I stretched beforehand, my muscles just didn't feel loose enough. Fortunately the 2nd half of the walk I felt better. Maybe I didn't drink enough fluids during the day. I don't know ... alot of this is still a major learning process for me. I'm also working on buying some proper shirts with 'wicking'.
As they say 'proper training is everything'. In my case, it definately is.

No comments:

Post a Comment