Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 181

I got my 2nd pair of New Balance shoes at the 3Day Preview Expo and gave them a try last night for a 5 mile walk. They seemed cushy, but stiff, but overall I did ok. My right heel has already calloused but seems like it can't decide if it wants to get a blister or not. I'll have what looks like 1 or 2 small white blisters on my heel after walking, but by the end of the night they've disappeared. Maybe the callous is just defining itself. Not sure. I haven't tried the moleskin yet, because I've heard that once it's on it'll take a few days for it to wear itself off. I may just try covering the area with a bandaid for Thursday's 6 mile walk. This weekend is the big 17-13 back-to-back walks. Once I complete those my confidence level should be good.
I really need to give myself more credit. People a lot older than me have walked in the event, as well as people a lot less healthy than me. If they can all do it, I'm sure I can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment