Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 153


It was a busy Memorial Day weekend, one that was filled mostly with sunshine and blue skies. Last week was my best training week yet, just over 32 miles in walking
(12 miles on Saturday morning). I have yet to walk back-to-back days which concerns me a bit, but beginning next week I will have Fridays off which I am hoping will make the walking schedule more doable.
If I learned one thing on my first 12 mile walk it was the importance of sunscreen. I think because I left my house at 7:30am & starting walking at 8:00am I wasn't thinking about the sun getting hot. But we didn't finish our walk until about 11:30am and needless to say 'OUCH'. I was careful to add lots of sunscreen (too little, too late perhaps) and a short sleeved shirt that covered the worst of it once I got home. Unfortunately my husband and I had a lot of outdoor yard projects planned for the weekend that still needed to get done. 52 bags of mulch & a patio of flowers later and it's all done.
Thank you Lord for Aloe Vera!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment