Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 176


It's day 176, can you believe it? 176 days since I started this blog and writing about this 3Day journey that I signed myself up for. I'm less than $200 from my fundraising goal of $5,000 - still hoping to make it. My training is going well enough.
Last weekend I took my daughter to the 3Day Preview Expo. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it seemed smaller than I'd imagined. Don't get me wrong, it was all good information about packing, blister prevention, hydration, fundraising and what to expect on the 3Day adventure. I was also able to buy my 2nd pair of New Balance shoes at $30 less than what I paid for my first pair. That alone was a major perk for going.
My walking is going well. Bought some new socks today to try. I desperately need a sock that has wicking, but also has some CUSHION. Let's cross our fingers that these work. The 'shoe guy' at Dick's Sporting Goods swears by them. Today I walked 6.2 miles this morning by myself. If there's one part of training I'm majorly not fond of it would be walking by myself. Walking and talking definately makes the walks go by faster. Tomorrow morning I'm walking 8 miles with Laura. Next weekend is a big back-to-back walk (17-13, I think). I'd love to have good socks for that one. Not 'if', but 'when' I finish the walks next weekend, my confidence level will get a huge boost.

2 comments:

  1. I walked the 11 miles by myself this morning and planning on a longer walk tomorrow morning (by myself again). At least I have my ipod shuffle. It's not that I like walking by myself but I've always got somewhere I've got to be - so been starting my walks at 6 am to get done in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time has been a BIG issue for me as well. Never seems to be any down time anymore ... every minute is always scheduled. I'm working on it, but admit that I'm struggling.

    ReplyDelete