Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 213


I can't believe the 3Day walk will be here next week ... only 11 more days. On one hand I'm nervous and a bit anxious (Have I trained enough? Can I handle the heat? Am I really strong enough to tackle this 60 mile journey?). On the other hand I'm excited and a bit anxious (hmmm ... anxious again?). I can't wait to finally experience the walk, meet the other walkers, see first-hand the exhiliaration of a cheering station, and be a flag bearer for the opening and closing ceremonies.

I did my 18 mile training walk on the weekend and got through it pretty well this time. No 'new' aches or pains or blisters. Of course the weather helped. It was in the mid 70s (maybe 80) and the sun rarely showed its face. Made for a welcome change to the routine training walks I've been doing. Now I just read on the 3Day message boards that the expected weather for the Michigan 3Day is 90 degrees, humid and sunny. Wow ... when it rains it pours (figuritively speaking, of course). The good news is Michigan weather tends to change at least every other day, if not daily. So it'll be whatever it'll be. Time will tell. But saying an extra prayer or two for no rain and no heat exhaustion certainly wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment