Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 221


Well it's almost here ... the Michigan 3Day journey is now just 3 days away. 221 days ago when I started this blog it seemed so far away and now it's really just around the corner. Last night I started my preliminary packing and found that to be a little bit overwhelming. I'm notorious for being an 'over packer' and think that as I was trying to follow all of my checklists for what to pack, how much to pack, how to pack it, etc. I found myself feeling anxious. Finally I decided to call it quits for the night and turned on some 'mindless' TV. Lucky for me 'Dating in the Dark' was on and I found that to be just what I needed. Watching 6 young people having first time meetings in total darkness (so as not to judge each other on their appearances), then progress was interesting - but enough of a distraction to help get me past my first round of packing dilemmas. Tonight I will start fresh and dig in again.

Tonight I will also do my last training walk before the weekend. 4-5 miles. If the weatherman is right (well he has a 50-50 chance) after work it should still be muggy and in the mid 80s, so I brought my walking clothes with me to work. My logical husband suggested a cooler walk in the mall. And who said he wasn't smart? Certainly not me.

Thursday I will head out for the rehearsal for the Opening Ceremonies (since I'll be carrying a banner), then have a nice dinner with my sister, before the rest of our team shows up at my sister's house for a pre-3Day slumber party. We're fortunate that my sister (also on the team) lives about 15 minutes from the opening ceremonies. We figured that made more sense than the other 3 of us driving the hour+ ride in on Friday morning (especially when we need to arrive by 5:30am!).

Once again, I want to thank everyone for your support during this journey. I've had tremendous support with my fundraising, my training, and motivating me when I needed it most. I couldn't have done any of this without all of you. At this point all I can ask for is your prayers for good health for all of the 2500 participants (walkers & crew members), NO rain, not TOO HOT of temperatures, and perhaps some cooler nights for sleeping in our little itty bitty pink tents.

If any of you are in the area Friday, Saturday or Sunday we'd love to see you on the route, at a cheering station or at the closing ceremonies. Just go to the3day.org and click on 'event information'. It gives you times, locations, directions, parking suggestions, basically all you need to come by and show your support.

3 comments:

  1. Gee - I'm not packing yet. I'll wait until you come over and help me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem with that ... as long as we can the finale of 'So you think you can dance' on the tv in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you will have time to do your blog today - no wait, I'm sure you will do a "tomorrow is it". Enjoy your slumber party, try to get some rest, and have a great kick-off! I will be praying for the team - good weather (please God), no blisters, and no really loud snorers. My heart is with you. Thank you all for doing this. God Bless. Nancy B.

    ReplyDelete