Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 241


It's been 2 weeks since I completed my first 3Day walk. My feet are getting back to normal, my duffle bag is unpacked (well mostly anyway), I've looked at lots of 3Day pictures from the event, shared stories with friends and families ... and now I wonder 'what do I do next?'.

I received an email from another walker over the weekend. It was nice to hear from her. She said her feet were nearly healed and wanted to know what I thought of my first walk (I think it was her 2nd). She said she promised herself that she wouldn't decide about the 2011 walk on an impulse. She said it'd be like being in the delivery room and trying to decide if you wanted to have another baby. I loved the anology. I had promised myself and my husband before I went on this year's walk that I would NOT commit to the next one while being under the emotional (& hormonal) effects of the current one. Of course ... then I also got an email last week from Susan G. Komen reminding me that I can apply a $35 discount to my registration fee if I register before November 23rd ... no pressure huh?

I admit I had a bit of a rough time getting through the whole walk because of the heat. I'd walked more than 500 miles in my training, but only got in about 38 of the 60 on the walk. To say I was disappointed would be a HUGE understatement. The fighter in me is ready to jump right back in and say 'let's give it another whirl and try to do better on the next one'. Then the doubter in me (I hate when it rears its ugly head) says 'maybe you should try crewing next year instead of taking on the walk'. I must admit I'm a bit confused. Of course I do have plenty of time to make that decision (well ... at least til November 23rd).

Any suggestions? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment