Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 98


Sorry I got a bit behind last week. I realized this morning that it had been a week since I'd posted to my blog. Last week was Holy Week and a busy week for me since I'm an Administrator at a church. Good Friday ... Easter ... egg hunt ... Easter lily delivery ... you get the idea.

On the weekend we drove to Indiana to visit our son for Easter. It was wonderful to get away for a couple of days. Everything there was green and blooming, leaving me very hopeful that Michigan would not be too far behind. Although my 'white' legs left a little something to be desired in my shorts, but that's ok. Everyone else looked the same. :0)

It was a bit difficult to get my walking in over the weekend since I spent a total of 14+ hours in the van. I was only able to get 2 miles in on Saturday and 2.5 on Sunday. However I have signed up for 2 outdoor training walks this week (today & Thursday). 3 miles & 5 miles respectively. I've grown tired of walking laps in the mall and am looking forward to walking with some fellow 3-Day walkers. Walking with others always makes the time go by so much faster. I'm optimistic that this group of women will be a good match ... the location of their walks is convenient and so are the times. I get off work at 5:00 and can get there for 5:30.

I also picked up my proceeds check on the weekend for my recent Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser ... $184.53. I think it was a good response. So, as they say, the 'check is in the mail' and just awaiting posting from the 3Day staff.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you and share a training walk with you, Jennifer! I know the feeling...it's been tough for me to get my walks in lately, too. It always helps to have someone else motivating you and making sure you stick to your training schedule. Perhaps we'll see each other again soon on the Macomb Orchard Trail :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi. I enjoying Tuesday's walk. Tonight your mom and I got 5.25 miles in at the mall. When I went outside earlier in the afternoon and it was windy and in the 40s I chickened out and asked her if we could walk inside. She quickly agreed ... imagine that. :0)

    ReplyDelete